mardi 15 février 2011

Overcast Sunday... by the Singing Lezard..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08mRcEykn4Y

Modes and fashion.


Whether for clothes,
homes or vehicles,
there are indeed currents.
In recent decades,
cars took to roundness what women lost.
What is strange is that,
although most agree that ...
well, Monica Bellucci is gorgeous,
it is only rarely
that we see this type of women
in fashion shows.

As for the houses,
here the fashion goes from blockhouses
to villa's in a villa-ish style.

Enumeration of platitudes
that I'm doing here.
I totally agree with you.
Too bad.

It's the same for Art.
In music,
thanks to recordings,
you can listen
to certain passages of more substantial works ...
and I found that after an influx of tenors
that lasted around a century,
the countertenors from Baroque
are back in force.

This is especially true in radio
I have nothing against it,
but it's a bit tiring
to hear only one kind of voice.

Especially since,
if I enjoy it from time to time,
my personal tastes go to baritone,
even bass baritone.
In pop music and rock and roll,
it's a record
that is often haunted
by the bad guys.
Bad boys.
In repertory called classic,
it's almost never the "Beau"
who is baritone.
Most of the time,
the clowns, or confidants.
Except as stated below,
Don Giovanni!
Who you can’t really call
the ideal son-in-law ...
Or am I wrong?
http://www.cosmovisions.com/baryton.htm
Bizarre, no?
Since it seems that the majority of men
are baritones rather than...
(See link above:
I do not live miles away from France.)
Are all this guys bad boys?

Ladies, I am very interested
in what you feel listening
to these different male voices.
I invite you to tell me what you think.
Knowing that Elvis ...

Let's talk about style.
What is the trend?
What are your tastes?
As with many things,
personal tastes are constructions.
Or scaffoldings.

If you travel and live and work in a country
other than your native one,
were it only for a few months,
your ear will be educated to new sounds.

Moreover, the same music
does not sound the same everywhere.
At first glance,
this notion may seem strange,
but you know as well as I do:
your radio sounds different
in your kitchen
than in your bathroom.
In a room full or empty.
Etc.

Such as for perfumes,
music has the power to set our memories.
If you live in a foreign country
your memories will be printed forever
with its fragances and its music.
The more poignant was the experience you made,
then even a weak echo of this period
will reflected in you strongly.
That is exactly what happens
with the music of Singing Lizard.

My Life in Greece
and even more so,
in Crete,
has left traces exceptionally strong in me.
In part without my knowledge.
Or maybe with the passing of time,
I ended up forgetting.

Still,
I remember a small restaurant
in the heart of Brussels
where I was with a man
I loved very much ...
Suddenly, the music made me deaf, dumb,
and something rather rare,
blocked my appetite.
Yet the Feta Salad was delicious.

Or this time,
on holiday at Lake Balaton,
where I begged my boyfriend to go
because the wind was swayed the radio frequency
just when she passed a Greek song.
A case of the drop...
All that happened so long ago.

The fact that it was the first time,
I was living and working
in a foreign country,
has probably contributed
in part to this situation.
But if the bosses
in the restaurant where I worked,
had been content
to turn the traditional Greek songs,
I would not have had this extraordinary response
to the Lizard’s version
of Sunday Overcast.
But then, this was hardly the case.

I only have been aware
of this after a certain time
and many emails exchanged with Lizard.
I found his voice
unusually nuanced and sensitive,
emotionally charged
to tell you the truth ...
I thought no one could be indifferent.
I was so convinced.
Lizard and I know it is not like this.
I have to accept it
but I hope his other songs
will seduce you.

Confronted to them,
I had a rather timid approach.
I haven’t got a television,
so I am very little exposed to eroticism,
which I realized only this Sunday
is pretty much present there,
as everywhere,
and at such a hour,
that it let me astound.

Erotica is very present
in some of the videos,
but it's banter,
very caustic
and always in a relatively
explicit symbolic purpose.

I was overly sensitive about it,
so much so that
I was even a little scared of the Lizard.

I associated him with an ogre
not as easygoing as Hagrid,
the Harry Potter’s one.
Pretty funny
when I think about it now.

Naturally, he is vehement.
Passionately politicized.
But it is precisely this,
that brings us together.
Why?
It is thanks to the Greeks
that I caught a color in politics.
Especially in Chania, Crete.

When the election ended,
the fascists have won,
at least there,
and I felt a terrible despair
invading my friend’s heart
who obviously were not.

This despair has awakened
in recent times in Greece
for another reason
and is transmitted
through this song’s interpretation
that I love so much.

But
because the bitterness
win over those
who can not cry anymore,
it is transformed
into sarcasm
by the Lizard,
especially in Nessum Dorma.
It is a Greek adaptation,
a call for awakening
in the current political context.
I'll talk about it later.

A few words about the Ode to Joy,
where he discusses the current difficulty
to live decently in Greece.

As I said elsewhere,
one wonders why
suddenly the most affluent
of the European states
have wanted the annexation
of poorer countries.
With the results
that some of them
are now forced
into a bitter austerity.
This is exactly the case of Greece.

My friend feels that
as a repetition
of what happened during WW2.
But instead of territorial annexation,
a more subtle one.
That of money,
that of the bank’s world's, etc..

I'll speak about each songs
on the margins of their videos.

ΣΥΝΝΕΦΙΑΣΜΕΝΗ ΚΥΡΙΑΚΗ
Synnefiasmeni Kyriaki
means Overcast Sunday ....

This song was created
exactly the day
of the invasion of Greece
by Germany.
In itself,
a whole story already.
Who in our countries
really imagine that?
Who knows this?

It's also a bit strange
to talk to you about it
today,
as I read a book
about the first day
of the invasion
of the Netherlands
by the Nazis ...
I read it last night.
And believe me,
until the bombs fell,
the Netherlanders thought
they were protected
by their neutrality.

This song is part
of the Greek musical memory.
It is often sung in Greece.
At a faster pace,
with the bouzouki’s, cymbalon,
etc..
Sometimes, even at weddings.
Most of the time,
it doesn’t express such a dense emotion
as in this Singing Lizard’s version.

The harpist is Yolanda Kondonassis.
She is American
and guessed her origin!
Greek.
The music is
the famous canon by Pachelbel.
It is,
and it is no coincidence,
German.

For the record,
I never liked this piece of music.
Guess why ...
Because of Rain & Tears
of the popular Aphrodite's Child's.
I suppose you know who they are.....
What was a bit strange,
was that they sang in English
to conquer France.
A true Achilles heel.

What started badly
from Greeks
is heal by Greeks.
While searching
a music from
Miss Kondonassis ....

Right here:
Cardia mou ...
My heart.

Well, yes,
this song is truly laiding bare
the heart of a man of heart.

Aucun commentaire: