jeudi 1 novembre 2007

Feeling chased by rain...


It was a glorious morning, sun a-plenty.
Then, like always,
I was on the PC…
far too long…
Look, I always try, yes!
Honest!
To get out with the dogs at 10.30…
I won’t tell you a lie:
it doesn’t happen often that I succeed.
And today, for an unexplained reason,
I felt compelled to do some laundry folding,
some doors cleaning,
some floor brushing,
this last well needed as yesterday I washed the dogs!
Those angels are forever shedding their hair.
Anyway.
When that was done,
we went happily outside.
The weather was wonderful,
even soft for the season.
And the sun was so radiant that I went without a coat,
even considering to pull out my pull-over.
Like always, then my brain goes a-working!
So much so as I am without news from the Starchild
since he took the big jump into telling me his secrets!
I was trying to stay positive,
like Phil would say!
Not so easy…
Weighing up things and matters.
And thinking:
why this and why that?
And such, and such,
And so on, and so on!

See, there is that weird thing that I experience way to often,
once people have give me their trust and have confided in me,
they tend to disappear from my life.
And of course, as it happens all the time,
I am wondering what will be his next move.
I have been very emotional those two last days,
crying without much or many reasons.

Okay…
So, the sun was shining brightly
but the dirt road was still very wet.
Well, not like it was previously,
when nobody except the farmers was taking it,
like they all do now, as a short-cut.
Really some mire,
the favorite word of the Starchild to express his unhappiness.
That was nothing then.
Now, it was mud and mud and mud…
So, I had to be cautious no to slip..

Suddenly I heard a kind of hush,
a kind of tapping.
And looking back,
I saw that the sky was turning that kind of wonderful grey.
That’s:when you are watching it from the inside.
I couldn’t believe nor my eyes,
nor my ears.
It was raining and raining hard,
only some 20, 30 meters
from where I walked.
As the color of the sky was alarmingly getting greyer and greyer
I walked briskly to the little barn,
which is situated a little further on the path.
The farmer is dead and I never walk as far as that usually.
But somehow I thought:
there I will find some shelter.
And yes, that was so.
We were not very wet when we reached a kind a shed.
Very clean, I must say.
Just in time.

And there was the rain.
Pouring rain.
And I decided to stay there for a while.
The dogs do not like it much,
to walk in the rain,
while I don’t mind it when I have the right clothes…
Not exactly the case.

So, we wait and wait and wait.
Rain was abating then back to it.
But by and by the sky was getting whiter.
And after quite a long time I start to spot some blueness…
And I thought:
what a lucky being I am!
Imagine, I have time.
Yes, I do.
And so, I could admire the sky getting blue and more blue
With the usual white clouds patching it.
And at the left side of the barn, it was that kind of sky blue,
while on the right side,
it was more a pale turquoise…

And so, minutes went by and reflecting:
what a wonder is a cloud!
Even if I know a bit what a cloud is supposed to be,
still it holds a kind of mystery.
How they move,
how they change shapes.
And the blue of the sky.
Why is the sky blue?
So, I decided that when the skyline above the barn would be blue
and only then,I would move away.
Even if the rain had already stop for a wee while.

And then I went unto the dirt road.
Never did it wear better its name

Aucun commentaire: